Bulbs around the village
Each autumn EPICH volunteers add to the spread of spring bulbs around Hurworth, and over the years have planted many thousands of bulbs. Villagers often come to lend a hand too. See the spring show at
- daffodils along the hedge at the entrance to Westfield Drive, planted in 2014 and 2016
- daffodils opposite the entrance to Rockliffe, planted in 2016
- daffodil and crocus at the junction on A167 and Croft Road in 2015
- daffodil at the junction of Strait Lane and Neasham Road in 2015
- daffodils across the Green
- daffodils in Blind Lane planted in 2017
- by the Primary School entrance, muscari, anemone blanda, crocus and chionodoxa planted in 2020 and again in 2021.
- in Goblin Wood, snowdrop, crocus, daffodil, first planted in 2015 and added to in 2019.
- in Lychgate Orchard, bluebell, snowdrop and crocus planted in 2017 and added to in 2021.
- on the patch of land opposite West End